„OPEN UP 2022” for ages 14+
From 11. till 15. July in the recreation center “Jumurdas muiža” (eng. Jumurda’s manor), a
5-day dance camp “Open Up 2022” will take place. This camp gives people a chance to discover and acknowledge their potential. Rate their abilities and find a new inspiration.
The goal is to train the dancer physically, teach different dance techniques, and a new experience in different dance styles (Hip Hop, House, Popping, Locking, Afro dance, Contemporary, Jazz dance, Freestyle, Choreography, etc.).
There will be 12 different teachers and pedagogues from various countries (Latvia, Norway, Lithuania, and Belgium) in the camp. There will be a possibility to achieve a greater experience in dancing skills, resistance, physical development, and teamwork. Besides intense training 3 times a day, multiple activities, water fights, free choice sports, dance battles, team works, movie nights, fire camp nights, etc. will be planned.
Price: 330Eur + 20Eur (transportation)
After receiving the application on the website, the camp organizers will contact you.
Necessary items to bring to camp:
- Headgear – hat / scarf
- Water bottle (water refills possible at camp, recommended to take a bottle that is named, so it’s possible to know to whom it belongs)
- Your own mug
- Extra shoes – comfortable sports shoes
- Couple sets of sports attire
- Sports jacket, for cooler evenings
- A bag for dirty clothes, so that dirty clothes stay separated from the clean ones
Things that you shouldn’t bring to camp:
- Money (it will not be possible to spend it during the camp)
- Valuables (if taken, the participant is responsible for them)
- Sweets (if brought, the participant must share with other camp participants)
- Ipads, other electronic devices (games, etc.)
Approximate day plan:
|08:30 – 09:00||Good morning.|
|09:00 – 09:30||Morning warm up|
|09:30 – 10:30||Breakfast|
|10:30 – 11:30||Morning meeting|
|11:30 – 13:00||Training / Hip Hop|
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 – 16:00||Training / Contemporary|
|16:00 – 18:00||Leisure / Board games / Sports games|
|18:00 – 19:00||Dinner|
|19:00 – 20:30||House dance|
|20:30 – 22:00||Campfire evening / games – Nights|
|22:30 – 23:00||Go to sleep|
* The daily plan differs with additional classes, activities and evening events.
TRANSPORT We go to the camp by a common bus. (Additional fee 20Eur, depending on the price of gasoline at the time.)
To take part in the camp, a doctor’s certificate on the child’s state of health is required. The doctor’s certificate is valid if it is issued no earlier than 2 weeks before the start date of the camp.